There are times where waiting for next day delivery simply isn’t an option. Most people know that same day delivery services are essential for time-sensitive materials or an object that deteriorates quickly such as medical specimens. Same day delivery can also be a smart option for circumstances that are not as time sensitive. Many businesses in the Richmond area have found that same day courier services can be used without a significant cost increased compared to traditional shipping. There are many benefits to using same day deliveries.
Benefits of using a same-day courier service:
- Fragile materials are less likely to be broken
- Package or document delivered as quickly as possible
- Avoid the constant changing of hands
- Improve customer satisfaction
Fragile Materials are Less Likely To Be Broken
When sending out a package either of great value or fragile, you need a service you know will handle your package with care. When using a standard courier service the package often goes through a massive warehouse, bouncing around conveyer belt tracks before ending up on a truck. There are times the package may go through this process multiple times. Each time your package goes through this process, it opens it up to potential damage. With a same day personal carrier, you will avoid this kind of problem. It is picked up and often delivered by the same individual, without putting your package through conveyor belts or moving it onto different trucks. This reduces the potential chance of any sustained damage.
Packages Are Delivered Quickly
Many parcel transit services need to bring the package back to a warehouse for processing. Warehouse processing slows down the delivery process. Couriers do not need to go back to headquarters or any other facility for processing. Your courier delivery person can pick up your materials and take it directly to the final destination.
Avoid Constant Changing of Hands
One of the biggest issues with a parcel transit service provider is the company you pay to deliver a package is not always the company that delivers it in the end. The parcel company may transfer it over to the local post office or a regional delivery service. Every time this happens the parcel must be re-scanned by the new delivery service and enter into a new warehouse.
All of this not only delays the length of time it takes for your recipient to receive the package but it makes it difficult to track. When a package is transferred it enters into a new tracking system, which you may not have access to. It is better to avoid this kind of a problem by using a same day delivery service.
Improve Customer Satisfaction
Customers respect and appreciate the speed in which a package or document is delivered. When you can deliver a package the same day instead of forcing them to wait an extra business day (or even wait an entire weekend) it demonstrates the importance of the client/company relationship. So when it comes to improving your customer’s overall level of satisfaction with the services you provide, make sure to look into same-day delivery services.
Same day deliveries are a viable option for many types of deliveries. Fast delivery times only one of the many benefits of using a same day courier service. From time-sensitive materials to objects that break down quickly, no matter when you need an object or document delivered, all you need to do is pick up the phone and call a local courier service like ours.
The Fredericksburg Chamber of Commerce has selected DDR Courier’s Founder & CEO, Jayson Silvera for the Fredericksburg Leadership program. The Leadership Program is a nine-month course the is designed to develop leaders within the business community. As part of the program, local business leaders are to provide additional training and mentoring to help them grow as business people. This highly selective program is reserved for the local business owners with the most promise.
The Leadership Program Includes
- Executive Coaching
- Individual Development Plan
- Mentorship with a local business leader
- Personal interaction with community leaders
- Membership in the Leadership Fredericksburg Alumni Association
The team at DDR Courier are proud that our CEO has been selected to receive this honor.
Below is a list of the 2019 Leadership Fellows
Katie Bailey, Stafford County; Cody Blankenship, Mary Washington Healthcare; Deborah Bruehs, Atlantic Builders; Sarah Chiles, Fredericksburg SPCA; Susan Coleman, Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center; Randy Comer, Thrasher Group; Sarah Degen, DSS, Inc.; Davy Fearon Jr., Healthy Families Rappahannock Area; Lucas Flatter, Flatter, Inc.; Jennifer Freeland, Mary Washington Healthcare; Carl Fuller, Quarles Petroleum; Eugene Hamrick, Rappahannock Electric Cooperative; Marsha Harris, CTI Real Estate; Julianne Jarrell, Jarrell Properties, Inc.; Ashley Katsourakis, Courtyard by Marriott, Downtown Fredericksburg; Lynne Keenan, Naval Support Activity South Potomac-Dahlgren; Cassie Kimberlin, Greater Fredericksburg Habitat for Humanity; Katherine Leimbach, Cask, LLC; Kimberly Leone, The Gemini 3 Group; Jo Ann Lohr, LifeCare Medical Transports; Sarah Maguire, Marine Corps Heritage Foundation; Shawn McGill, Lifepoint Church; Linda Millsaps, George Washington Regional Commission; JoAnn Murchison, Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, Inc.; Jason Rachanow, SimVentions; Matthew Rothe, The Way Church; Jayson Silvera, DDR Courier; Donald Smith, NSWC Federal Credit Union; Amy Woodruff, Union Bank & Trust; Kimberly Young, University of Mary Washington.
Follow the link below to read a recent article about the program
When you want a package in Richmond, VA delivered quickly; you want the best service. Richmond businesses demand fast, professional service. DDR Courier is the right choice for deliveries done right. DDR provides services ranging from medical specimens to packages, to urgent documents. Do you need a package delivered today? The DDR courier delivery team will pick up your package and promptly transport it to its destination. Ongoing, routed or scheduled deliveries are completed on time.
Fast, Professional Same Day Delivery Service
If you’re in need of the same day, urgent delivery, DDR has you covered. DDR Courier is committed to providing fast professional delivery service. Drivers are standing by, ready to pick up and deliver your items. When it comes to handling your local deliveries without the delay or inconvenience of larger shipping services, DDR will get the job done.
Dependable Scheduling Your Deliveries
You can send it from the state capital out to the Washington DC metro area and have it delivered the same day when necessary. Plus, you’ll receive confirmation of its arrival, so you can rest at ease knowing whatever it is you need to be sent out or delivered will arrive on time and received by the desired party.
Some places you can send deliveries to include:
Advanced Package Tracking
The advanced tracking system takes this peace of mind one step further. Instead of only receiving confirmation upon arrival, you’ll be able to track the delivery vehicle every step of the way. This fast, dependable service is designed to help deliver packages when you are unable to do so on your own. After all, when running a business you already have enough on your plate. You may not have the time, or the vehicle, to make the necessary delivery. DDR, on the other hand, does.
The Right Delivery Vehicle For the Job
Transporting your package and delivering it relies not only on experienced drivers but on the right vehicle as well. Sedans and minivans are used to transport small packages. These vehicles can navigate traffic easily and are not bogged down by the oversized shipping trucks that the other shipping services use. It’s easier to drive downtown in a sedan than it is in a larger delivery vehicle.
There are times where you need more space or a very specific size of the vehicle to deliver what you’re sending. If it’s a large item, DDR uses cargo, sprinter vans and box trucks of up to 26 feet. This way, there’s always room for whatever it is you’re shipping. Plus, if you’re sending something from the Bon Secours Richmond Community Hospital and need a specially designed refrigeration truck, DDR has you covered.
Vehicle fleet options include:
- Cargo Vans
- Sprinter Vans
- Box Trucks (up to 26 feet)
- Medical Certified Transportation Vehicles
HIPPA Compliant Medical Delivery Services
When shipping medical grade material (which can include organic material), it is critical to take advantage of a HIPAA compliant delivery driver and vehicles. DDR offers you these kinds of services. This is a shipment you can’t send to the other delivery services as they are not specially equipped to handle these kinds of shipments.
Additionally, when shipping medical grade material, you often need to have it sent and receive the same day. You likely do not have the time or the available resources to send out a driver between hospitals (especially between cities like Richmond and Stafford or DC). All of this is taken care of and is just another reason why DDR is the courier delivery service for you.
Pick DDR Courier
When it comes to selecting a courier delivery service that offers not only same day courier services every day of the year (including weekends and holidays), or a service provider with HIPAA certifications, Deliveries Done Right is here for you. If you’re ready for a quote, contact DDR today.
Courier delivery drivers in the Richmond, VA area see a lot of scary things on the road because they spend their work hours driving all over the city. Regardless of whether their deliveries are same day or scheduled, one thing that stays the same. They experience the unwelcome sight of another driver trying to do text on their phone while they are behind the wheel. Texting while driving is dangerous behavior. No one should ever text and drive.
While we could make a long, long list of reasons not to text and drive, it’s easier to remember these three general categories:
- Texting while driving is eventually going to cost more than you want to pay.
- Texting while driving makes you look bad.
- Texting while driving is unnecessary.
Texting while driving is illegal
Texting while driving is illegal in Virginia and most other states. Texting while driving is illegal for a good reason. It is dangerous. The Virginia State Crime Commission (VSCC) published an in-depth report on texting and driving that found that texting while driving could be a significant cause of accidents.
It Costs More Than You Want To Pay
Texting and driving make you 23% more likely to cause an accident because it delays your reaction time as if you were DUI. There are higher costs to that decision than money, but money is an excellent place to start.
- Most places have fines for drivers who text while on the road.
- Most insurance companies raise your rates if you are caught texting and driving.
- Causing an accident because a text was more important than driving can cost you your vehicle.
- Many lives are permanently changed and lost because a driver was texting. Do you want to live with the fact you cost someone else their life?
- Just because you avoided paying the cost in the past doesn’t mean you won’t pay in the future. All you are doing is reinforcing a habit you will regret later and letting your phone control you now.
It Makes You Look Bad
While the costs listed above should be enough, texting and driving lead to some real loss of image.
- Your passengers see that you don’t care if they are hurt or killed.
- Pedestrians get nervous because you may not see them cross in front of you at the stop sign.
- Other drivers see you weaving in your lane as you try to read your phone and text and it looks like you are DUI. You are, in fact, DUI — Driving Under the Influence of your phone.
- Other drivers are distracted because you undoubtedly could cause accidents, and they have to keep one eye on the road and one eye on you.
- Autocorrect is NOT your friend when you aren’t able to look at what you wrote. Do you really need to look like you meant what it said?
It Isn’t Necessary
There is never a time that texting and driving is a good idea because you risk so much to do it. You have alternatives.
- If you have a passenger, they can usually read your texts to you and answer for you if you can’t pull over and it is critical to communicate.
- Most of the time you can pull off to the shoulder and stop. Then look at your phone in safety.
- Many areas will have designated “text stops” where you can safely text.
- There are ways to set up an auto-reply that informs the caller/texter you are driving. See what your phone needs so you can do this and check your messages once you get to your destination.
- Technology gives us hands-free communication. Depending on your phone and car, you can set up voice-recognition texting (talk-to-text), bluetooth, etc. You might look like you are talking to yourself behind the wheel, but nobody cares if your hands are on the wheel and you are driving safely.
When all the facts are put together, they add up to one thing: don’t text while you are driving. It isn’t necessary, it makes you look bad, and it often costs more than you are willing to pay. You can find more reasons here.
The most important part of keeping medical courier deliveries safe starts before the delivery vehicle hits the road. Packaging and shipping temperature-controlled specimen is a critical part of being able to get quality test results. Medical facilities across the Richmond, VA area depend on the safe same-day delivery of their specimens. We will go over a few aspects of this process. Like the following:
- The sample classification names and temperatures
- How labs specimens should be packaged
- What couriers should look for before they accept medical samples?
- What coolers and other supplies are needed to keep the right temp?
- How couriers should store specimens in their cars
Medical Courier Temperature Classifications
Specimens are transported under the following temperature classification room temp, refrigerated, and frozen. Each class has a temperature range.
- Room temperature = (15 – 30°C)
- Refrigerated = (2 to 10°C)
- Frozen = (-20°C or colder).
Minimum Medical Delivery Packaging Guidelines
The following are the minimum specimen packaging guidelines that should be followed when packaging specimens.
- Ensure that all specimen container caps and lids are properly tightened to prevent leakage.
- Make sure there is a requisition form in the bag, and that is for the correct lab.
- Collect the specimen(s) and transfer to a proper transport container, double check the specimen container to ensure that the device is not beyond its expiration date
- The transport bag has two pouches. Place the sample container(s) in the front pocket. Place the requisition into the other pocket with the bar code visible so the courier and lab techs can see it.
What couriers should check before accepting specimens
- There is no specimen leakage.
- All specimens are correctly marked and labeled.
- The specimen has the right requisition form
Having the separate medical courier transport coolers
Couriers should have the following coolers to transport specimens correctly. A transport cooler for transporting the sample from the office to the car. They will also need coolers for room temp, refrigerated, and frozen specimens. Having multiple coolers will ensure that specimens stay at the correct temperature. Couriers will also need gel packets for the refrigerated samples and dry ice or transport bottles for frozen specimens.
Specimens should be transported in vehicles in an upright position. During summer months coolers shouldn’t be kept in the trunk. Temperatures increase inside of cars. It is also vital to strap coolers in to prevent movement